When looking to have raised floors in new and existing buildings, Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) is now the main choice among consultants and engineers in construction. Galaxy Polystyrene has qualified engineers with many years’ experience in EPS manufacture and installation, and will work with you throughout the project to provide professional advice and guidance. EPS has many excellent benefits over alternative methods:
- As it is very lightweight and very easy to cut and shape, it can be installed quickly, with minimum labour and without any heavy machinery.
- It has excellent insulation properties, keeping the hot air out during summer and the cold air out during winter.
- Although lightweight, it has high compressive strength for carrying heavy loads. We can also manufacture EPS in various densities that alters the compressive strength, so can match the exact specifications required for the project.
- It is an inexpensive material, fast to manufacture, cheap to deliver due to its lightweight, and cheap to install due to fast installation time.
- EPS will protect your pipes and electrical networks against temperature changes, damage, and help to maintain their condition.
- Is environmentally friendly: no CFC’s / no HCFC’s / ozone favorable / 100% recyclable.