Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) is a superb material for use in pools construction; whether a swimming pool, fountain or waterfall, or other unique water feature. Today when installing swimming pools, EPS is the chosen material for leveling the pool, and also for block-outs, building steps, seats and sloped floors. It is particularly used in multi-storey buildings where weight is a major factor in the construction. If adding a waterfall or fountain to your pool, polystyrene is an ideal material for this, and can be combined with other materials to give a superb 'natural' looking finish.
GALAXY Polystyrene has the machinery, and qualified and experienced staff, to produce the material as per your engineering drawings, and deliver to your site at the appropriate time.
- Using CNC machinery, the polystyrene can be cut and shaped to a very high accuracy.
- EPS forms are created in advance and offsite then shipped ready to use. Less space and time required onsite.
- EPS forms are easier to transport and set in place compared to options such as sand or soil. Fast construction.
- Only one central drawing is needed, that all stakeholders can refer to: better accuracy.
- Lower cost than other materials due to its lightweight, quick and easy cutting into shape, low labour requirement.
- Although lightweight, it is a very strong material with high compressive strength.
- EPS is environmentally friendly: no CFC’s / no HCFC’s / ozone favorable / 100% recyclable.