Roofing systems are one of the most important and largest expenditures that building owners can make. With the capability to be used in virtually all commercial roofing systems, the closed cell, lightweight, GALAXY Polystyrene Insulation Sheets (EPS) is the most popular choice. EPS is most successful when installed correctly and can be used in modified bitumen systems, built up roofing, and single‐ply membrane systems that are ballasted, mechanically fastened or fully adhered. It can be used in conjunction with: steel sheets; aluminum sheets; gypsum boards; lightweight concrete slabs; decorative slabs. Using EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) from Galaxy Polystyrene is a popular choice for a number of technical and practical reasons:
- The R-Value is consistent over life of roof and cheaper than comparable insulation products.
- It has total design flexibility, and can be custom made for any specialty designed projects.
- Superior performance: dimensional stability; moisture resistance; compressive strength; will not decompose; not affected by temperature changes.
- Reduces carbon footprint: excellent insulation properties lowers heating and cooling costs.
- EPS is environmentally friendly, producing no CFC or HCFC, and is 100% recyclable.