From golf courses to underground parking to rail embankments, Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) is now the No #1 material used by Architects & Designers for landscaping projects. As it is manufactured in large blocks, and can be easily cut to any shape or size, it is ideal for sculpting into landscaping forms whether large or small.
- 100 times lighter than soil, so installation is quick and easy with little manpower required.
- Very cost effective, as inexpensive to manufacture, transport and fix in place.
- Can be used to create topography without adding significant load to underlying structures and services (e.g. roof gardens for urban buildings).
- High compressive strength, able to support traffic and landscaping equipment loads.
- Extremely durable, will not degrade, and repels moisture.
- Site preparation is simpler with EPS because it does not require the surcharging, pre-loading or staging often necessary with other landfills.
- EPS is environmentally friendly: no CFC’s / no HCFC’s / ozone favorable / 100% recyclable.